Abu Dhabi Vocational Education and Training Institute (ADVETI) was established in 2007 and has six entities named Al Jazirah Institute of Science and Technology in Abu Dhabi, Al Jaheli Institute of Science and Technology in Al Ain, Baynounah Institute of Science and Technology in Al Gharbia, and Al Reef Institute of Logistics and Applied Technology in Al Shahama. ADVETI is an initiative of Abu Dhabi Government and is under the management of the Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical & Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET).
ADVETI is licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and has achieved accreditation most of its Programs and is working towards national accreditation for the rest of the programs.
ADVETI offers a diverse range of applied Certificates and Diploma programs that fit the job market needs including the following: Business, Information Technology, Travel & Tourism, Design, Environment studies, Industrial Technology, Logistics and Engineering.
The programs offered at ADVETI have been specifically designed in consultation with Abu Dhabi industry and businesses. This is to ensure that ADVETI graduates are employable and ready to meet the requirements of local commercial enterprises and organizations.
All delivery at ADVETI is in English. A foundation program is available for students who do not meet the English requirements to enter the Diploma Programs through Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET).
· Minimum of 3 years relevant teaching experience at a recognized educational Institute.
· Successful teaching and assessment experience in a range of areas within the specific discipline (s)
· Ability to use student centred teaching strategies
· Highly developed classroom management skills
· Extensive knowledge of curriculum and related assessment practices within the specific discipline(s)
· Understanding of and ability to implement competency based assessment
· Sound problem solving skills
· Excellent communication, liaison and interpersonal skills
· Proven willingness to work effectively and to contribute in a team environment
· Demonstrated high level customer service skills with external and internal customers
· Proven ability to implement & evaluate high quality education & training programs to meet customer needs
· Knowledge of relevant policy and educational developments in vocational education and training
· Demonstrated cultural awareness and capacity to work effectively in a workforce comprising UAE and expatriates.
· Proven capacity to be flexible and adaptive to situations
· A degree which encompasses OHS , Environmental Sciences and / or Auditing from an accredited higher education institution, or
· A degree in a related field and a Diploma in Health and Safety, such as The British Safety Council Diploma or equivalent, or accreditation through IOSH, NEBOSH, ISO, and,
· Appropriate vocational and or industry experience , and
· Teaching and / or recognized assessor qualification
IELTS 7.0 Academic for non Native English speakers.