Saipem, 43% owned by Eni, is a leader in the engineering sector and services for the oil industry. The company is organised in two Business Units:Engineering and Construction,Drilling with a strong propensity towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas and deepwater.
Saipem is an important international company, with a presence on five continents and more than 180 branches and subsidiaries.
Furthermore, Saipem has a strong multicultural element: there are more than 30,000 employees from over 100 countries.
More than anything else, Saipem is a successful company, known and respected the world over.
1. Supervises the Construction Quality Control functions/activities related to Civil disciplines,
including Quality Control inspection schedules and the collection of Quality Records. Ensures the
availability of quality record documents.
2. Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel and verifies special processes.
3. Ensures the correct application of the Inspection Test Plan.
4. Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity.
5. Supervises and witnesses inspections, checks reports and documentation issued by inspectors
and collect and file the required Quality Records.
6. Be sure that all sites activities are carried out according to reference documentation for parts of
the plant within his area of responsibility, authorising their acceptace at quality control completion.
9. Cooperates in Event Report Management and for all the implementation of relative corrective
actions. Systematically records the nonconformity or event reports issued and identifies appropriate
10. Manages collaboration of measurement instruments and related certifications.
11. Distributes Quality Plan on Site.
12. Informs the Site Quality Manager of any deviation regarding the contract.
13. Checks the completeness and conformity to specified applicable requirements, standards
14. Ensures that the tests, controls and inspections are carried out and that personnel have access
to all required project documentation.
15. Makes site personnel aware of and trainee them on quality topics.
16. Ensures, whenever necessary, the update of site quality control plans / control procedures.
Under the coordination of the Quality Control Manager (when present), ensure the correct
application of the Project Quality Plan in site activities, the supervision/coordination of the quality
control activities and the implementation of the Quality Control Plans.