KHARAFI NATIONAL is a leading Infrastructure Project Developer in water, wastewater treatment and reclamation, district cooling, solid waste management & enhanced oil recovery as well as a leading Contractor and Facilities Management Service Provider to the petroleum, chemicals, power, water and commercial sectors in the Middle East and Africa .
Kharafi National is an ISO 9001:2000 company and operates in full compliance with ISO quality assurance systems and procedures. The company’s commitment to the health and safety of its employees and the effectiveness of its HSE programmes has been recognized by many of the company’s international clients.
Our commitment to excellence has made Kharafi National the regional most successful Infrastructure Project Developer and integrated contractor with an undisputed reputation for quality, safety as well as timely delivery. The company’s client list includes some of the most prestigious corporations and public institutions in the region.
Since it was established in 1976 Kharafi National has developed from a local contracting company into a world-class pan-Arabian Infrastructure Project Developer capable to undertake a wide range of challenging projects.
Today Kharafi National is an international, multi-disciplined Company with diversified operations in:
§ Infrastructure Project Development – the development, financing, management, operation and maintenance of major BOT, BOO, and PPP infrastructure projects;
§ EPCM – engineering, procurement and construction management in the water, power, infrastructure, environment and building services sectors;
§ Construction – construction services in the oil and gas, petrochemicals, power, water and related sectors;
§ Facilities Management – the management, operation and maintenance of commercial complexes, industrial plants and power installations; and
§ Fabrication Services – the fabrication of process equipment and heavy structures for the industrial and civil construction sectors.
§ Instant Access -The Equipment Dealership Unit offers state-of-the-art equipment, products and services for sale or rent at competitive prices from highly reputable international suppliers.
§ Trading Operations – supplies high-quality materials, equipment and systems to major clients and contractors in the oil and gas, petrochemical, power, water and waste-water sectors.
Kharafi National’s multi-faceted organization contains all the disciplines – civil, HVAC, mechanical and electrical engineering, instrumentation systems, telecommunications, quality assurance and control processes, and health, safety and environment procedures – required to deliver a broad range of development and contracting services to the petroleum, chemical, power, water and commercial industries in the Middle East and Africa.
During its first three decades the company grew steadily. Kharafi National now has:
§ An annual turnover approaching US$1 billion;
§ A multi-national workforce of over 20,000, of whom some 10% are managers, engineers, superintendents, technical and clerical staff;
§ A fleet of company-owned heavy construction equipment exceeding 3,500 units;
§ Its own fabrication facilities for piping, structural steel, pressure vessels, skids and packages that meet ASME standards; and
§ Solid relationships with the most prominent international EPC firms and clients in the region.
1. To plan and schedule the work and effectively organize the work shop fabrication activities in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
2. To attend regular meetings with the Senior Production Engineer, Clients and weekly meeting with the Workshop Manager / Operations Manager and keeping them informed of progress.
3. To plan for resources such as man power/ material to meet project requirements.
4. To supervise and monitor the work shop labor force through General Supervisors, Supervisors, Foremen and monitor the work of sub contractors to complete the work as per customer satisfaction.
5. To liaise with engineering department for selection of material to suit the market availability in coordination with Project coordinator and follow up with Engineering dept. for drawings, to schedule work shop planning.
6. To supervise and ensure proper usage of materials / equipments and to improve methods required for cost saving / cost reduction in accordance to budgets.
7. To ensure proper documentation required for the completion of work and gain approval from the Q.C department for further operation.
8. To co ordinate with the Work Shop Manager, Senior Production Engineer, QC Engineer, Planning Engineer and Stores for the daily fabrication activities.
9. To supervise and monitor the equipment/ machinery maintenance inside the fabrication work shop.
10. To over-see safety matters on the work shop including housekeeping, and ensure that the safety regulations involved are adhered to as per Company policies and procedures.