Arab Engineering Bureau was first established in 1966, as the first Engineering office in Qatar and its activities were primarily architectural design and supervision. Over some 40 years, AEB has evolved into what can truly be recognized as a state-of-the-art multi-disciplinary international consultancy with projects spanning all sectors not only in Qatar but also Abu Dhabi, Oman, Kuwait, Egypt, Yemen and Sudan.
1991 was a milestone in the history of AEB when it was acquired by the award winning architect, Mr. Ibrahim Mohd. Jaidah. Under his guidance, a new philosophy with the aim of providing quality output at the highest standards using the state-of-the-art technologies has been adopted. This new approach has resulted in the development of an unique architectural methodology, which reflects the present development of the country and where appropriate, preserves and expresses the traditional Qatar architecture. With this as the cornerstone, AEB has transformed from a small-scale business into a full-fledged design consultancy, keenly following the pulse of the consultancy climate of Qatar and the Gulf Region.
Today, AEB has a staff strength nearing 400 from 20 countries and its activities covering the whole spectrum of architectural and associated disciplines. With more than 1, 000 projects undertaken in Qatar and throughout the Middle East, AEB is well on the way to becoming a major player in the world of architectural consultancy.
The following services are offered by an experienced and international team of architects and engineers at AEB:
Quantity Surveying Conceptual design and design development
Production of drawings and detailed drawings preparation
Specification and tender documentation
Promotional materials and graphics
Urban design, planning and landscaping
To manage and monitor performance of all Electrical Section Staff, and to provide the required technical support and coordination to Project Directors / Coordinators & when required to the client/s on all Electrical related issues in the course of projects, during the design stage, and to Technically back up the Electrical Supervision Engineers during the construction stages and when required.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of all Electrical Design Engineers and Electrical Draughtsmen.
• Assign and re-assign Electrical Engineers for new projects and ongoing projects as per the specific project requirements, in full coordination with the Head of the EMD department
• Conduct a thorough review to the design outputs from design engineers and draughtsmen, to ensure that the client requirements have been met.
• To ensure that the design of the different electrical systems has been done as per the latest applicable regulations in Qatar and the referenced international standards.
• Maintaining/validating the adopted electric systems specifications and to perform regular review to ensure its integrity and suitability of the specified systems for each specific project.
• Coordinate with the QA/QC department in relation to the review outcomes and follow up the implementation/ addressing of the same.
• Endorse submissions to KAHRAMMA and Lead the coordination and discussion with KAHRAMMA and Qtel engineers and follow up the implementation the local applicable regulations.
• Attend kick off meetings with project directors/coordinators and participate in putting the design concept, in relation to his scope, for different types of projects.
• Attend meetings with Clients and Contractors to resolve and propose solutions for technical outstanding / disputed issues.
• Attend site meetings necessary site meetings or depute suitable staff required to take part in design related discussions and proposals.
• Review the technical catalogues for any new material/system and make recommendation to the committee responsible for the vendor list.
• Monitor the progress of design and Control the adherence to the committed schedule of delivery of different projects in coordination with the Head of EMD and project directors. Reporting the adequacy of the available staff and other related resources..
• Conduct trainings / seminars to improve Electrical Design Engineers and Draughtsmen performance.
• Endeavour to upgrade design deliverables considering sustainability factors aptly to suit client’s budgets.
• Inculcate value engineering as part of the design process.
• Coordinate and report on daily basis to the Head of EMD on the above duties.
• Take part and cooperate with the Head of EMD Department and the Head of the Mechanical Section in putting the Department polices and objectives.
• Report and coordinate with the Head of the EMD departments
• Work and confer with Project Directors/coordinators and Electrical Design Engineers to ensure works are carried out as required in contracts
• Co-ordinate with other Disciplines Engineers to insure the consistency of design.
• Liaise with relevant suppliers to keep updated on the latest technology in the market
• Liaise with statutory agencies as necessary to ensure design compliance and timely issuance of permits
Experience / Qualification
• Bcs Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Grade A certification from KM or Engineers committee.
• Good experience and awareness in sustainability designs
• Minimum 15 years of relevant experience
Personal Attributes / Skills
Generic Competencies required / desired for the role:
High Level of
• Dedication and trust worthiness.
• Technical Knowledge
• Results Orientation
• Team Playing Abilities
• Communication Skills
Bcs Degree in Electrical Engineering / Grade A certification from KM or Engineers committee