Rate this job
5 - 14 years
Keywords / Skills
High School or Equivalent
• Manufacturing/ Engineering/ R&D
• Oil & Gas
• Other Oil & Gas
• Machinery/ Equipment Mfg.
• Oil/ Gas/ Petroleum
• Engineering, Procurement, Construction
4th Nov 2012
Job Ref code
|This job has been expired..
Abu Dhabi Gas Industries Ltd (GASCO)
Abu Dhabi Gas Industries Ltd (GASCO) is the operating company responsible for the processing of natural and associated gas from onshore oil operations in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
GASCO was incorporated in 1978 and established as a joint venture between Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), with a 68 per cent shareholding, Shell and Total, each with a 15 per cent shareholding, and Partex, with the remaining two per cent shareholding. GASCO has become not only one of the biggest industrial complexes in the UAE but is one of the largest gas processing companies in the world.
- Operator must be capable to operate and monitor equipment in gas processing plant and facilities in his assigned area as per GASCO operating procedures and in strict adherence to GASCO HSE standards.
- Types of equipment generally consist of all or some of the following items: Pumps, compressors, turbines, storage tanks, separators, furnaces, pipelines, columns/vessels, control valves, block valves, loading arms and jetty equipment. He must also respond immediately to plant process upsets/emergencies and safety emergencies, which can include gas leaks and fires etc. He is normally the first person to observe and react to any field equipment abnormalities.
- The Operator reports to the Shift Controller.
- Communicate and follow instructions of the Shift Controller in order to carry out duties efficiently and safely.
- Check process parameters and coordinate with the Senior Operator to correct any deviations.
- The Operator is responsible for entire field operations of all equipment in his assigned area.
- Carryout routine checks on equipment for abnormalities and inform Superior for prompt action.
- Prepare plant equipment for maintenance ensuring adherence to operating standards.
- Capable to understand and sign work permits, follow on-going jobs and monitor contractors activities to ensure adherence to safety regulations and procedures.
- To operate outside machinery and related equipment safely and efficiently as per GASCO standards and instructions.
- Carry out duties as Auxiliary Fireman or Site Safety Officer as and when required during emergencies, as per the Facility Response Plan.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- To receive chemicals, maintain the stock/consumption register and prepare chemical batches required for the process to ensure adherence to procedures.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- To prepare various Key Performance Indicator commitment checklists for management perusal.
Successful candidate will have the following prerequisites:
- Secondary / ATI in Tech. or related
- 4 Years' experience in oil & gas industry